An older episode of Wine, Women & Words but no less interesting. Diana and Michele dive in to the fascinating world of Shakespeare and discuss why the Bard’s plays, themes and characters are still relevant in today’s modern world.
Each of our Wine, Women & Words ladies shares her picks according to one of the many themes Shakespeare examines in his plays!
1. Fated Love: Romeo & Juliette | Much ado about Nothing | Antony and Cleopatra
2. Jealousy: Othello | Much ado about nothing
3. Ambition: Julius Caesar | Macbeth | Hamlet | Henry IV & V | Richard III
4. Conflict of Age (because parents just don’t understand): Romeo & Juliette | Henry V
5. Gender: As you like it | Twelfth night
1. Deception | Appearance vs. Reality: Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
2. Conflict | Internal and External: The Husband’s Secret by Liane Moriarty
3. Revenge: The Memory Painter by Gwendolyn Womack
4. Transformation: The Woman in Cabin 10 by Ruth Ware & Something Blue by Emily Giffin